toomuchtimeonhand

Default dryer vent cleanup advise pls.

I have a dryer I think its vents are clogged (seeing too much lint also dust
when cleaning the house). Its a 9 years old house and I think its never been
replace and I like to inspect it and replace/upgrade to newer metal duct.
Appreciate any advise on this.

T I A

Sam

CL (dnoyeB) Gilbert

toomuchtimeonhand wrote:
I have a dryer I think its vents are clogged (seeing too much lint also dust
when cleaning the house). Its a 9 years old house and I think its never been
replace and I like to inspect it and replace/upgrade to newer metal duct.
Appreciate any advise on this.

T I A

Sam

Turn on dryer, tap vent in every place you can. See what comes out.

--
Respectfully,

CL Gilbert
CL (dnoyeB) Gilbert

toomuchtimeonhand wrote:
I have a dryer I think its vents are clogged (seeing too much lint also dust
when cleaning the house). Its a 9 years old house and I think its never been
replace and I like to inspect it and replace/upgrade to newer metal duct.
Appreciate any advise on this.

T I A

Sam

P.S. lint/dust comes mostly from carpets. If you got lots of them you
should have lots of lint /dust.

--
Respectfully,

CL Gilbert
Appliance Repair Aid

Hi,

have a dryer I think its vents are clogged

Nothing beats pulling out the dryer and taking apart all the venting
pieces all the way from the dryer to the vent hood going
outside....check/clean as you go.

replace/upgrade to newer metal duct.

Solid metal is the best!!

jeff.
Appliance Repair Aid
http://www.applianceaid.com/

Warren Weber

"Appliance Repair Aid" wrote in message
oups.com...
Hi,

have a dryer I think its vents are clogged

Nothing beats pulling out the dryer and taking apart all the venting
pieces all the way from the dryer to the vent hood going
outside....check/clean as you go.

replace/upgrade to newer metal duct.

Solid metal is the best!!

jeff.
Appliance Repair Aid
http://www.applianceaid.com/

Jeff. I recommend aluminum pipe as galvanized is not as smooth and lint will
hang up on it. From past expererince. 25 years in appliance repair. W W

Gordon Reeder

"toomuchtimeonhand" wrote in
. com:

I have a dryer I think its vents are clogged (seeing too much lint
also dust when cleaning the house). Its a 9 years old house and I
think its never been replace and I like to inspect it and
replace/upgrade to newer metal duct. Appreciate any advise on this.

T I A

Sam

You don't say what the duct instalation is like. Is it completely
visible to you? Or is some of it hidden in the walls?? If it
is visibel to you then you can partily dismantle it and take it
outside and clean out the lint with a stick, compressed air,
or even a snake. If the vent is not completely visible and
can't be dismantled, then you need to try to figure out how to
get a snake into the ductwork. I unclogged a pair of dryer vents
on a duplex that I own by removing the roof caps and dropping a
plumbers snake down the duct. I had the tennents set their
dryers on cool dry so that they would be blowing air up the
vent. As the snake loosened the lint, it came blowing up and
out the vent. When i was done I had one heck of a mess to
clean up off the roof and front yard.

--
Just my $0.02 worth. Hope it helps
Gordon Reeder

Hey EVERYBODY!
Unity means let's try to meet each other halfway