Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
JM

Default GE/Jasco 55w 2D fluorescent fixture

I've bought this GE/Jasco 55w 2D fluorescent fixture. The fixture is not as
advertised because the package states "five 60w bulbs" is incorrect. The
dome is too thickly frosted to achieve that claimed light output. Whoever
designed this fixture must have went by the raw lumen output of the
fluorescent tube, and probably never tested the actual fixture with the dome
in place. I've contacted GE, but they say "contact Jasco". So I contact
Jasco. Either the person responding to my email doesn't understand this, or
they don't care. In short, Jasco says: "We can't make the bulb brighter, so
just bring it back." ???? So of course I try to explain it to them again,
not the BULB but the DOME is the problem. Either make the dome less thickly
frosted, and/or at least fix the wattage claim on the box. I like the
fixture, except the lower than claimed output is a little disappointing.