SQLit

"JM" wrote in message
news:7lqpe.22058$J73.3161@trnddc05...
I've bought this GE/Jasco 55w 2D fluorescent fixture. The fixture is not

as
advertised because the package states "five 60w bulbs" is incorrect. The
dome is too thickly frosted to achieve that claimed light output. Whoever
designed this fixture must have went by the raw lumen output of the
fluorescent tube, and probably never tested the actual fixture with the

dome
in place. I've contacted GE, but they say "contact Jasco". So I contact
Jasco. Either the person responding to my email doesn't understand this,

or
they don't care. In short, Jasco says: "We can't make the bulb brighter,

so
just bring it back." ???? So of course I try to explain it to them

again,
not the BULB but the DOME is the problem. Either make the dome less

thickly
frosted, and/or at least fix the wattage claim on the box. I like the
fixture, except the lower than claimed output is a little disappointing.

What method of measuring the light output did you use? Eyeball.

Tilting at Windmills was fun when I younger and less informed. Best of luck
getting them to change. I have some political issues with the President of
the USA I could send you if you need something else to do.