DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Well Water filter (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/110312-well-water-filter.html)

Platebanger June 7th 05 02:45 PM

Well Water filter

Hi Folks, My apartment building uses well water. Is there a well water
filter that will also let my add clorine to the water, An also add more
pressure ?

Thanks
Dick

PS is there is where would I find it ?

SQLit June 7th 05 04:15 PM

"Platebanger" wrote in message
Hi Folks, My apartment building uses well water. Is there a well water
filter that will also let my add clorine to the water, An also add more
pressure ?

Thanks
Dick

PS is there is where would I find it ?

To add pressure you need a pump.

Adding chlorine is going to be expensive.

Edwin Pawlowski June 7th 05 09:31 PM

"Platebanger" wrote in message
Hi Folks, My apartment building uses well water. Is there a well water
filter that will also let my add clorine to the water, An also add more
pressure ?

Thanks
Dick

PS is there is where would I find it ?

Adding chlorine is not always a good thing with pure water. You can create
more problems that it would solve. What is the problem now? There may be
other remedies.

To add pressure, you need a tank and a pump arrangement.

ConcreteFinishing&StuccoGuy June 8th 05 02:08 AM

Chlor is standard addition to remove suphur (becomes O on contact) but the
unit to inject is very costly ($2K) and hard to maintain.
Up here we usually just use pool chlor capsules and drop into well once a
week. Pressure regulator on pump and pressure bladder is not set right or
worn. Adjust to factory.

--

Remove the obvious to reply. Experienced and reliable
Concrete Finishing and Synthetic Stucco application in the GTA.
m...

Vlad June 10th 05 03:59 PM

We had all types of filters including chlorine and ultra violet but
use only distilled water for drinking.

Vlad