Ron in NY

Default TROL-A-TEMP DAMPER NEEDED 12X12AOBD

Hi all

Does anyone know if Honeywell still manufactures their Trol-a-Temp AOBD
(Automatic Opposed Blade Damper) line of air dampers ??? One of mine went bad
after 16 years, and I need another. It is a 12X12AOBD with the orange motor. I
would post this in alt.hvac, but they are a bunch of popous assholes and all
they have for the average homeowner is a wise ass answer. Thanks for any leads
you can give me.

RON
Remove the ZZZ from my E-mail address to send me E-mail.
Travis Jordan

Ron in NY wrote:
Does anyone know if Honeywell still manufactures their Trol-a-Temp
AOBD (Automatic Opposed Blade Damper) line of air dampers ?

Looks like it.
http://customer.honeywell.com/Techli...0s/68-0246.pdf

Travis Jordan

Travis Jordan wrote:
Looks like it.
http://customer.honeywell.com/Techli...0s/68-0246.pdf

Or maybe not.

http://www.zoneatrol.com/TrolATemp/

This site is sponsored by Trolex Corporation, the former owner of
Trol-A-Temp. In 1999 Honeywell Home and Building Control, now part of
Honeywell International acquired Trol-A-Temp from Trolex Corporation.
Honeywell does not provide support for the older Trol-A-Temp Zone
Control Products and Systems. Trolex Corporation still supplies
replacement motors and parts that can support these older Trol-A-Temp
Systems.

There is no relationship between Trolex Corporation and Honeywell, the
owner of the Trol-A-Temp trademark.

Travis Jordan

Travis Jordan wrote:
Or maybe not.

Handy link - maybe this will help diagnose your problem.

http://www.zoneatrol.com/TrolATemp/p...20Checkout.pdf

Greg O

"Ron in NY" wrote in message
Hi all

Does anyone know if Honeywell still manufactures their Trol-a-Temp AOBD
(Automatic Opposed Blade Damper) line of air dampers ??? One of mine went
bad
after 16 years, and I need another. It is a 12X12AOBD with the orange
motor. I
would post this in alt.hvac, but they are a bunch of popous assholes and
all
they have for the average homeowner is a wise ass answer. Thanks for any
leads
you can give me.

RON
Remove the ZZZ from my E-mail address to send me E-mail.

I am not sure if Honeywell still supplies the exact damper you ask about,
but they do supply a replacement that will work. You will need to find an
understanding HVAC company to get the damper for you as it is not something
usually supplied to homeowners.
The company I work for has installed many Trol-A-Temp systems and
replacements are not a problem.
Greg