HvacTech2

Hi Chas, hope you are having a nice day

On 05-Jun-05 At About 06:24:40, Chas wrote to All
Subject: A/C Fan

C From: "Chas"

C I turned on my A/C for this 1st time this year. While using the heat
C setting, the fan was set to automatic and would go on and off, as
C designed. Now that I have the setting set to "cool" the fan stays
C on whether set to 'on' or "auto." What might be the problem?

Is this by chance a trane air handler? please give the model number and
manufacturer.

-= HvacTech2 =-

... "42? 7 and a half million years and all you can come up with is 42?!"

___ TagDude 0.92á+[DM]
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ +++++++++++
spam protection measure, Please remove the 33 to send e-mail
Chas

Default A/C Fan

I turned on my A/C for this 1st time this year. While using the heat
setting, the fan was set to automatic and would go on and off, as designed.
Now that I have the setting set to "cool" the fan stays on whether set to
'on' or "auto." What might be the problem?

Oscar_Lives

"Chas" wrote in message
I turned on my A/C for this 1st time this year. While using the heat
setting, the fan was set to automatic and would go on and off, as designed.
Now that I have the setting set to "cool" the fan stays on whether set to
'on' or "auto." What might be the problem?

Something is broken. Call a repairman.

Stretch

It might be that the ac condensor is not working well. If it never
cools the house enough to satisfy the thermostat, the blower will never
shut off. Make sure that your outdoor unit runs and that it is
cooling.

Stretch

TURTLE

"Chas" wrote in message
I turned on my A/C for this 1st time this year. While using the heat setting,
the fan was set to automatic and would go on and off, as designed. Now that I
have the setting set to "cool" the fan stays on whether set to 'on' or "auto."
What might be the problem?

TURTLE

"Chas" wrote in message
I turned on my A/C for this 1st time this year. While using the heat setting,
the fan was set to automatic and would go on and off, as designed. Now that I
have the setting set to "cool" the fan stays on whether set to 'on' or "auto."
What might be the problem?

This is turtle.

Give brand of unit.

Give model number of air handler or furnace.

Type fuel you heat with heat pump , all electric, natural gas , propane, or oil.

Give more detail of what your system you turn on and off.

Does the fan keep going when you turn the thermostat to off and fan to autoatic
?

TURTLE

Kathy

"Chas" wrote in message
I turned on my A/C for this 1st time this year.

While using the heat
setting, the fan was set to automatic and would

go on and off, as designed.
Now that I have the setting set to "cool" the fan

stays on whether set to
'on' or "auto." What might be the problem?

Thermostat wired wrong?

"Chas" wrote in message
I turned on my A/C for this 1st time this year. While using the heat
setting, the fan was set to automatic and would go on and off, as

designed.
Now that I have the setting set to "cool" the fan stays on whether set to
'on' or "auto." What might be the problem?

If its an older one, with a fan limit switch thats adjustable, its prob
either out of adjustment, calibration, or broke.

TURTLE

" wrote in
message news

"Chas" wrote in message
I turned on my A/C for this 1st time this year. While using the heat
setting, the fan was set to automatic and would go on and off, as

designed.
Now that I have the setting set to "cool" the fan stays on whether set to
'on' or "auto." What might be the problem?

If its an older one, with a fan limit switch thats adjustable, its prob
either out of adjustment, calibration, or broke.

This is Turtle.

Did you need another name or word used in this post that would link your website
to sell hvac equipment on when people ask a question to Microsoft Search engine.
I see bunches of them linking your website to the post off alt.hvac and
alt.home.repair and I take it you just adding somemore for sales to increase by
more links when people ask for other things besides hvac stuff. If you work at
it, you can type in George W. Bush and get your sales website selling hvac
equipment.

TURTLE