Edwin Pawlowski

Default Weathering Galvanize -- How?

"jim evans" wrote in message
Anybody know a way to age/weather new galvanize before I start
experimenting with stuff like lemon juice?

jim

Put it outside. Wait. Done

Unless you want to paint it weathering takes place fairly fast. There are
primers made for galvanized material.

Stretch

Vinegar.

Stretch

DanG

Are you trying to get ready for paint or are you leaving something
galvanized?

Vinegar is one of the old standard preparations to be able to
paint galvanized. I've not ever known it to turn black.

If you just want to kill the shine of new galvanized, you might be
pleased with applying LPS cold galvanized spray paint, it is quite
dull. Here is a reference:
http://www.acehardwareoutlet.com/pro...source=froogle

(top posted for your convenience)
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Keep the whole world singing . . . .
DanG (remove the sevens)

"jim evans" wrote in message
On 4 Jun 2005 08:51:07 -0700, "Stretch"
wrote:

Vinegar.

Okay, I tried vinegar after your suggestion and it doesn't turn
it to
the weathered gray look. It turns it from shiny to black.

jim