a12vman

Default Latex Caulk From Brick

I recently had a front door replaced on my brick home. There is a lot of
caulk left on the brick where the old trim was attached that I need to
remove. I have tried the following with little success:

1. Wire wheel connected to a variable speed drill.
2. 3M Caulk remover.

Does anyone else have any suggestions that will make the job easier and not
damage the brick?

Thanks In Advance,
-a12vman

Doug Miller

In article , "a12vman" wrote:
I recently had a front door replaced on my brick home. There is a lot of
caulk left on the brick where the old trim was attached that I need to
remove. I have tried the following with little success:

1. Wire wheel connected to a variable speed drill.
2. 3M Caulk remover.

Does anyone else have any suggestions that will make the job easier and not
damage the brick?

Been there, done that.

ZipStrip, possibly several applications of it. Scrape off as much as you can
with a putty knife first; then, scrape off as much as you can in between
applications of ZipStrip. You'll probably wind up needing to use ZipStrip and
a wire brush to get the last of it off.

Be sure to observe all the warnings on the ZipStrip can, particularly with
respect to eye and skin protection. Ventilation won't be too big a concern, I
suppose, since you'll be using it outdoors.

--
Regards,