Ron

Default Porcelain tile

We have 3 pieces of 18" tile between the tub and the carpet, installed
without any space in between. Now we want to do the whole bathroom with the
same tile. Can I keep doing it without spacers or I need to remove the 3
tiles and start all over again with the proper spacing (3/8" or so)?
thanks

G Henslee

Ron wrote:
We have 3 pieces of 18" tile between the tub and the carpet, installed
without any space in between. Now we want to do the whole bathroom with the
same tile. Can I keep doing it without spacers or I need to remove the 3
tiles and start all over again with the proper spacing (3/8" or so)?
thanks

Exact same tile? Yes you can maintain a tight joint install throughout.
However it would be much easier for you to remove the 3 pieces and
install the entire floor with a c =nice clean 1/16" or 1/8" joint.
Ron

"G Henslee" wrote in message
| Ron wrote:
| We have 3 pieces of 18" tile between the tub and the carpet, installed
| without any space in between. Now we want to do the whole bathroom with
the
| same tile. Can I keep doing it without spacers or I need to remove the 3
| tiles and start all over again with the proper spacing (3/8" or so)?
| thanks
|

| Exact same tile? Yes you can maintain a tight joint install throughout.
| However it would be much easier for you to remove the 3 pieces and
| install the entire floor with a c =nice clean 1/16" or 1/8" joint.

Yes, it is the same tile (we just put the 3 or 4 pieces 2 weeks ago). It was
leftover from the living room so I just ask the guy to put them in there and
remove the vinyl. It looks good but I am afraid how it will look in the
whole bathroom; at the same time is not cheap, $1.69 sf, but once again,
it's only 3~4 pieces. The whole bathroom is around 70 sf.

G Henslee

Ron wrote:
"G Henslee" wrote in message
| Ron wrote:
| We have 3 pieces of 18" tile between the tub and the carpet, installed
| without any space in between. Now we want to do the whole bathroom with
the
| same tile. Can I keep doing it without spacers or I need to remove the 3
| tiles and start all over again with the proper spacing (3/8" or so)?
| thanks
|

| Exact same tile? Yes you can maintain a tight joint install throughout.
| However it would be much easier for you to remove the 3 pieces and
| install the entire floor with a c =nice clean 1/16" or 1/8" joint.

Yes, it is the same tile (we just put the 3 or 4 pieces 2 weeks ago). It was
leftover from the living room so I just ask the guy to put them in there and
remove the vinyl. It looks good but I am afraid how it will look in the
whole bathroom; at the same time is not cheap, $1.69 sf, but once again,
it's only 3~4 pieces. The whole bathroom is around 70 sf.

Setting with a joint is much more 'forgiving'. About the only material I
set and butt tight is marble or granite. I have stacked porcelain tight
on a few floors and backsplashes per customer specs. Lay some of them
out both ways and see what you prefer.
Ron

"G Henslee" wrote in message
| Ron wrote:
| "G Henslee" wrote in message
| | Ron wrote:
| | We have 3 pieces of 18" tile between the tub and the carpet,
installed
| | without any space in between. Now we want to do the whole bathroom
with
| the
| | same tile. Can I keep doing it without spacers or I need to remove
the 3
| | tiles and start all over again with the proper spacing (3/8" or so)?
| | thanks
| |
| |
| |
| |
| | Exact same tile? Yes you can maintain a tight joint install
throughout.
| | However it would be much easier for you to remove the 3 pieces and
| | install the entire floor with a c =nice clean 1/16" or 1/8" joint.
| |

| Yes, it is the same tile (we just put the 3 or 4 pieces 2 weeks ago). It
was
| leftover from the living room so I just ask the guy to put them in there
and
| remove the vinyl. It looks good but I am afraid how it will look in the
| whole bathroom; at the same time is not cheap, $1.69 sf, but once again,
| it's only 3~4 pieces. The whole bathroom is around 70 sf.
|

| Setting with a joint is much more 'forgiving'. About the only material I
| set and butt tight is marble or granite. I have stacked porcelain tight
| on a few floors and backsplashes per customer specs. Lay some of them
| out both ways and see what you prefer.

Very good. Thanks a lot for your time.