DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Looking for plastic tie wrap (reusable) (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/108582-looking-plastic-tie-wrap-reusable.html)

MP May 30th 05 12:06 AM

Looking for plastic tie wrap (reusable)

Hi,

I'm looking for a specific plastic tie wrap, looks like a christmas tree
with a slit at the one end (so you can feed it through then twist it in
place. Something like this: If someone knows where I can get these I would
REALLY appreciate it as I can't find them anywhere.

/\
/ \
/ \
/ \
/ \
/ \
/ \
/ \
| |
| || |
| |

Stormin Mormon May 31st 05 01:29 AM

Some garbage bags put them in with the packages. Check with Hefty and some
of the companies?

--

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

[email protected] May 31st 05 01:43 AM

I remember getting some at a garden center as plant ties and some at a
local hardware / lumber yard to tie up wire cloth.
TB

ameijers May 31st 05 03:37 AM

"MP" ytnom-at-hot-mail-dot-com wrote in message

Hi,

I'm looking for a specific plastic tie wrap, looks like a christmas tree
with a slit at the one end (so you can feed it through then twist it in
place. Something like this: If someone knows where I can get these I

would
REALLY appreciate it as I can't find them anywhere.

/\
/ \
/ \

(snip)
We've bought big rolls of them at work, that look just like the ones that
come with hefty bags.

If you are in a town of any size, local packaging or industrial supply will
have them, or can get them. If none of those around, Google for 'shipping
and packaging materials'. There are several houses out there that sell
online, but be aware there may be a minimum order, since they don't really
want to deal in retail quantities. What is the application? If these need to
be reused multiple times, velcro cable ties may work better. The yellow
plastic ones aren't that strong, and they aren't weather-rated. They are
also suprisingly short.

aem sends...

Harry K May 31st 05 03:12 PM

MP wrote:

Hi,

I'm looking for a specific plastic tie wrap, looks like a christmas tree
with a slit at the one end (so you can feed it through then twist it in
place. Something like this: If someone knows where I can get these I would
REALLY appreciate it as I can't find them anywhere.

/\
/ \
/ \
/ \
/ \
/ \
/ \
/ \
| |
| || |
| |

I got a bag of them from the local (very small) Radio Shack. They were
'wire ties' but it's the same thing.

Harry K