Default IR Thermography

I assume the person who told me such equipment costs (used to find
heat leaks and water leaks in buildings and even bodies in a cemetary)
in the six figures was accurate, but I've always learned to ask stupid
questions rather than remain ignorant. I assume those lamps used to
find pet odors in the rug are UV and not IR?

- = -
Vasos-Peter John Panagiotopoulos II, Columbia'81+, Bio$trategist
BachMozart ReaganQuayle EvrytanoKastorian
http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/vjp2/vasos.htm
[Fooey on GIU,{MS,X}Windows 4 Bimbos] [Cigar smoke belongs in veg food group]
K Ruck

Hrm, can anyone with experience with this post a followup? For highly
detailed thermal imaging I can imagine it would be expensive, but just for
taking pictures of a building in the winter and looking for heat
leaks...wouldn't that be more straightforward? Some of today's digital video
cameras use some form of thermal imaging for "night shots", seems like the
building imaging would be similar...

I'd be interested in imaging my house (if I could afford an IR filter or
whatever it might take) just so I know where to focus future efforts,
including determining where old blown insulation might have settled in the
walls...

wrote in message

I assume the person who told me such equipment costs (used to find
heat leaks and water leaks in buildings and even bodies in a cemetary)
in the six figures was accurate, but I've always learned to ask stupid
questions rather than remain ignorant. I assume those lamps used to
find pet odors in the rug are UV and not IR?

- = -
Vasos-Peter John Panagiotopoulos II, Columbia'81+, Bio$trategist
BachMozart ReaganQuayle EvrytanoKastorian
http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/vjp2/vasos.htm
[Fooey on GIU,{MS,X}Windows 4 Bimbos] [Cigar smoke belongs in veg food

group]

Stretch

I know an engineer in Clemson SC with a thermal imaging camera. He
told me it cost $35,000.00. Then he told me the tripod was extra ;-).
I thought at that price they would include the tripod!

Stretch

SilverUnicorn

The ones we got for our firetrucks were $9,000 and $12,000 each iirc. They
were handheld, Scott brand. Pretty cool equipment actually. One is B/W, the
other uses color variants to show heat differences.

I do believe the ones for pet stains on rugs are UV, and not IR, but I may
be wrong.

Chris

"Stretch" wrote in message
ups.com...
I know an engineer in Clemson SC with a thermal imaging camera. He
told me it cost $35,000.00. Then he told me the tripod was extra ;-).
I thought at that price they would include the tripod!

Stretch

Jim Yanik

"SilverUnicorn" wrote in
:

The ones we got for our firetrucks were $9,000 and $12,000 each iirc.
They were handheld, Scott brand. Pretty cool equipment actually. One
is B/W, the other uses color variants to show heat differences.

I do believe the ones for pet stains on rugs are UV, and not IR, but I
may be wrong.

Chris

The engineer's thermal imager (TI)was probably a CALIBRATED,cooled imager
with computer processing to assign colors to indicate different temperature
levels,and a wider dynamic range. Your firefighter TI is a simpler,cheaper
uncooled bolometer array.

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik