borgunit

Not sure if you are messin' or what, but a worm drive is somewhat like
a circular saw but they are slightly larger and instead of driving the
blade directly with the motor, the blade is drive by a worm gear and
shaft from the motor. It results in a very powerful and very smooth
and somewhat quieter saw. it is very good for smooth and controlled
cuts.

cm

My name is Craig, but after reading this post I think I'll change it. How
about Giarc????

cm

wrote in message
I was looking at some power saws on Ebay and on one of them they said
that the saw was a worm drive. I dont understand this. Are the worms
inside the saw? What do they do to make the saw work? The picture
they showed had an electric cord on it. If the worms are driving the
saw why does it need to be plugged in? Of course I know that
sometimes Ebay sellers dont show the actual picture. Then, how do I
feed these worms? They got to eat something. What happens when they
die, can I order more of them, or can I get them from a bait shop?
They sure come out with some strange devices these days, and I cant
see how a bunch of worms would run around in there to make the saw
turn, but if it cuts wood, thats what counts.

Craig

Harry K

I was looking at some power saws on Ebay and on one of them they said
that the saw was a worm drive. I dont understand this. Are the worms
inside the saw? What do they do to make the saw work? The picture
they showed had an electric cord on it. If the worms are driving the
saw why does it need to be plugged in? Of course I know that
sometimes Ebay sellers dont show the actual picture. Then, how do I
feed these worms? They got to eat something. What happens when they
die, can I order more of them, or can I get them from a bait shop?
They sure come out with some strange devices these days, and I cant
see how a bunch of worms would run around in there to make the saw
turn, but if it cuts wood, thats what counts.

Craig

Of course the cord is needed, as is the battery in battery run ones.
How else do you think you can get the worms to work. You'd get busy
too if there was an electric current tickling your ass.

Harry K

ConcreteFinishing&StuccoGuy

Driven by woodworms born in meth labs. This prob is now at epidemic levels
in the usa

--

Remove the obvious to reply. Experienced and reliable
Concrete Finishing and Synthetic Stucco application in the GTA.
"badgolferman" wrote in message
, 5/26/2005, 6:35:44 AM,
wrote:

I was looking at some power saws on Ebay and on one of them they said
that the saw was a worm drive. I dont understand this. Are the worms
inside the saw? What do they do to make the saw work? The picture
they showed had an electric cord on it. If the worms are driving the
saw why does it need to be plugged in? Of course I know that
sometimes Ebay sellers dont show the actual picture. Then, how do I
feed these worms? They got to eat something. What happens when they
die, can I order more of them, or can I get them from a bait shop?
They sure come out with some strange devices these days, and I cant
see how a bunch of worms would run around in there to make the saw
turn, but if it cuts wood, thats what counts.

Craig

The worms are inside the saw and they eat the wood instead of having a
blade to cut it. This eliminates the sawdust generated by conventional
electric saws. You will have to use the saw once a week if you don't
want to replace the worms. The cord in the picture you saw was
actually for powering the conventional saw-cutting sound generator.
It's the same with the new electric cars. They're fixing to put "Vroom"
generators on the electric cars so they make normal car sounds so
people know they are running.

--
No matter what happens, someone will find a way to take it too
seriously.

Duane Bozarth

Mums wrote:

wrote in message
snip

You saw a worm drive?

Why did the snail put a big 'S' on the side of his car?
Mums

wrote in message
snip

You saw a worm drive?

Duane Bozarth

tm wrote:

Duane Bozarth wrote:
Mums wrote:

You saw a worm drive?

Why did the snail put a big 'S' on the side of his car?

So his friends could see that S car go...

Craven Morehead

"...Not sure if you are messin' or what..."

You've GOT to be kiddin!

"borgunit" wrote in message
Not sure if you are messin' or what, but a worm drive is somewhat like
a circular saw but they are slightly larger and instead of driving the
blade directly with the motor, the blade is drive by a worm gear and
shaft from the motor. It results in a very powerful and very smooth
and somewhat quieter saw. it is very good for smooth and controlled
cuts.

advice needed, selling 1946 Stanley W8 worm drive saw [email protected] Woodworking 6 June 1st 05 06:09 PM
Worm Drive Blades Tony Mo Woodworking 4 March 22nd 05 01:51 AM
Unusual hard drive noise. Dan Electronics Repair 13 March 18th 05 03:01 AM
Need a computer system for your nuclear program? Gunner Metalworking 42 December 28th 04 10:58 PM
need advice on data recovery service company alfonso gayoso Electronics Repair 4 February 18th 04 07:48 PM