Vic Dura

Default C.O.L.A a Detriment to Linux and the Biggest JOKE on USENET!

On 23 May 2005 13:15:05 -0700, in alt.home.repair C.O.L.A a
Detriment to Linux and the Biggest JOKE on USENET! "Wibur Post"
wrote:

Linux is free?
Sure it is, assuming your time has no value.

That accurately describes most of the geeks in C.O.L.A.

Jim

Kaoru Saotome wrote:

Does anyone read this ****?

--
KS

I glance at it, using Linux.....

Kier

On Mon, 23 May 2005 15:53:19 -0700, Hopkins wrote:

So-o-o-o... what was your home repair question?

Ask the idiot who created the original crosspost.

--
Kier

Pop

It's stupid to reply to posts like that without killing
off all but one crosspost. Why help the dummy spread
his propoganda and trollish behavior by assisting with
spreading his propoganda to so many cross posts? Note
I stripped this to just this group; the rest can fend
for themselves.
Leaving the crosspost in tact simply increases the
fallout that appears here.

Pop

"Wibur Post" wrote in message
oups.com...
comp.os.linux.advocacy is supposed to be a Linux
advocacy group?
Wow! you had me fooled! So what is the secret to
finding the advocacy
messages? All I see is a collection of some of the
saddest, most bitter
and possibly psychologically damaged people on all of
USENET.
Well, maybe alt.bondage has a few more sickos, but
c.o.l.a is running a
close second.
Does anyone here realize how much damage is being
done to the
reputation of Linux, which at the moment is not that
great, by the core
group of prolific posters, who claim to be Linux
advocates?
I hate Linux. I think it is a terrible system for a
home computer and
at least to me it's easy to see why Linux has gotten
virtually no place
in the home market (the largest market for software).
Linux is an unknown because people already have
Windows and while
Windows is far from perfect, and way overpriced, for
the majority of
people, Windows works fine.
So what motivation do they have to move to Linux?
Linux is free? Sure it is, assuming your time has no
value.
And before you insert standard advocacy line 55,
ie:what about
virri/spyware/etc I, like most people have that
totally automated.
Updates, scans,removes (if necessary) all by itself.

The typical Linux thread goes like this:
google troll
flatfish! (how the hell this fool can post from 100
different ISP's is
really confusing me. I suspect flatfish isn't
responsible for most of
the troll messages here).
Changing the topic.
Lying.
Avoiding direct questions.
Saying things like "who would use that" when a Linux
application fails
to do what a Windows application can do.
Name calling.
Hijacking the thread to Microsoft is a crook etc.
Dragging up ancient comments made by erik.
Ganging up on the poster to discredit him.

There is so much bull**** in this group if it wasn't
so sad it would be
funny.
People using 486 machines to edit video and photo's?
Gimp as good as Photoshop.
How about Open Office which is another lie. Think
about it for a
second: Microsoft Office $495.00 vs OpenOffice $0.00

So why aren't people flocking to OO?
And why has Microsoft's cash cow (Office) continue to
grow in sales?
Why you ask?
Because OpenOffice, while decent for a free suite, is
NOT AS GOOD as MS
Office and people are not willing to risk their jobs
using some half
assed Office suite that may or may not be compatable
with MS Office
which IS the standard.

I travel a lot and thus spend much time in airports
and on planes.
I almost NEVER see Linux on any business travelers
laptop.
NEVER.
Hotels?
Many use Goldentree for their broadband and wireless
access points in
the lounges and rooms and Linux has a hard time with
it.

My advice to the Defect Linux advocates in this group
is to either
advocate Linux or just plain leave because not only
are you hurting
Linux, you are making yourselve's look like crazies
and thus turning
off potential users.

Dvorak had it spot on.

http://www.priomh.com/comments.php?id=P107_0_1_0