ErikColeman

Default Thin Fridge and Gas Stove ? (26" or less)

I have a unique problem. The door and stairways leading down to my
basement are only 26" wide. I'm hoping to fit a upright fridge/freezer
and gas stove down there to add a second kitchen area to the house.

Does anyone know if any companies manufacture stoves or fridges thin
enough to fit down the opening?

Thanks in advance.

Appliance Repair Aid

ErikColeman wrote:
I have a unique problem. The door and stairways leading down to my
basement are only 26" wide. I'm hoping to fit a upright

fridge/freezer
and gas stove down there to add a second kitchen area to the house.

Does anyone know if any companies manufacture stoves or fridges thin
enough to fit down the opening?

Thanks in advance.

Hi,

You can always go 24" gas range and have seen some refrigerators that
are exactly 26" wide and a few smaller.

This place can help with both....

http://service.bfast.com/bfast/click...efrig eration

jeff.
Appliance Repair Aid
http://www.applianceaid.com/

borgunit

Most do for apartments or campers. You may or may not have to special
order them. Here is an example.

http://www.sanyo.com/appliances/refr...?productID=235

Hi, Erik.

Another option I've had to use in the past is to remove door(s) and
pull doorway trim, to accomodate furniture, etc. Can gain you a couple
of inches. Not so unique a situation, especially with older buildings.

HTH,
John

ErikColeman wrote:
I have a unique problem. The door and stairways leading down to my
basement are only 26" wide. I'm hoping to fit a upright

fridge/freezer
and gas stove down there to add a second kitchen area to the house.

ErikColeman

Thanks for all the responses. I'm going to see if I can't sqeeze a
couple extra inches by removing the door frame. After doing some more
digging though I found quite a few models that will work with the
existing dimensions.

Goedjn

On 3 May 2005 06:35:53 -0700, "ErikColeman"
wrote:

Thanks for all the responses. I'm going to see if I can't sqeeze a
couple extra inches by removing the door frame. After doing some more
digging though I found quite a few models that will work with the
existing dimensions.

Taking the doors off the appliance as well as the house helps, too.