rsbrusselsprouts

Default Will patio fix wet basement?

We've just purchased a house which the home inspector informed us would
need at grading work done to the foundation on the back of the house or
we'd have a wet basement durring rain. We it seems our basement does in
fact get wet durring rain. I'm curious if putting a patio on this side
of the house (graded away from the foundation) might resolve the issue
or would a drainage system or flashing the foundation be better?
Thanks
RB

Art

Depends on the extend of the grading problem. We had a house with a hill
behind it and a concrete slab between the house and the hill. We had a wet
crawlspace until we put in a french drain.

"rsbrusselsprouts" wrote in message
ups.com...
We've just purchased a house which the home inspector informed us would
need at grading work done to the foundation on the back of the house or
we'd have a wet basement durring rain. We it seems our basement does in
fact get wet durring rain. I'm curious if putting a patio on this side
of the house (graded away from the foundation) might resolve the issue
or would a drainage system or flashing the foundation be better?
Thanks
RB

rsbrusselsprouts

Thanks for the info.
I've been reading alot about "French Drains" but I'm concerned due to
the fact they clog easly. I don't know how true that statement is but
I've read it in a few news groups.
Thanks,
RB

Art

They won't clog if installed correctly. A special fabric sock is installed
around the perferated pipe. Then fabric surrounds gravel around the pipe so
dirt cannot mix in and become mud. Do that and it will never clog. Get
multiple estiamtes. The guy who specs it out this way is the guy to use.

oups.com...