george capra

Default Trane XLi16 for 2 zones???????

I'm looking for some help, I'm doing some new construction, I am the
Homeowner not the General Contractor, I asked that the house be split into
2 zones.
I got back a Quote from a HVAC contractor that would use a Trane XLi16 and
one of the items states " 1 zone system for two zones w/2 -7 day t-stats".
another HVAC contractor says that the XLi 16 was not certified as a
compressor to be used with zones as of last year, but was not sure if the
unit is certified as is the XLi 19.
Can anyone shed any light on the subject.
The question is can a Trane XLi 16 be used for a two zone system?

THANX

Roy Starrin

On Fri, 22 Apr 2005 19:38:02 GMT, "george capra"
wrote:

The question is can a Trane XLi 16 be used for a two zone system?

My Trance guys proposed doing that with mine for me. Was installed
last October. Concept was to use two returns, and then electronically
controlled dampers in the ducts. Is this what your gent is proposing.
We decided to wait until I saw where we were for a year before
proceeding. We did install the 2nd return as part of the overall
upgrade to the system.
But, the aspect of it being certified never game up---probably becaise
I was too dumb to ask. It will be interesting to see how this plays
out,

george capra

This is new construction and I don't know the ducting configuration, I have
an open house with vaulted ceilings and lots of room for return air to get
back to a very large return vent. This is an attempt to keep the air noise
down. .
I have found the name of the local Trane Tech Services Manager and will Call
him on Monday with the Question.
Thanks for the input.

Bathroom zones Troy UK diy 3 December 18th 04 09:34 PM
New Furnace - Trane XV80 vs Carrier Weathermaker 8000 VS arturo bandini Home Repair 3 April 3rd 04 02:35 AM
dimmer switches for multiple lighting zones Seamus Mc Loughlin UK diy 0 February 4th 04 05:42 PM
believe I have good installer -- but which AC unit -- Trane vs Amana coloradotrout Home Repair 6 August 10th 03 09:34 PM
Trane Air Conditioning Systems nancyDrew Home Ownership 2 July 7th 03 05:32 PM