John Doe

Default comparing GE air conditioners, part number not found

Air conditioners I cannot find on the Internet anywhere, not even at
General Electric's web site.

GE 8000 BTU AGW08FD
GE 8000 BTU ASW08FC (apparently newer)

GE 6000 BTU AGW06LC

I cannot even find "AGW" or "ASW".

Also helpful would be an explanation for their part number coding.
That way, at least I could tell something about the units and how
they might compare to similar units. Apparently the number represents
BTU rating.

Thank-you.

Edwin Pawlowski

"John Doe" wrote in message
Air conditioners I cannot find on the Internet anywhere, not even at
General Electric's web site.

GE 8000 BTU AGW08FD
GE 8000 BTU ASW08FC (apparently newer)

GE 6000 BTU AGW06LC

I cannot even find "AGW" or "ASW".

Also helpful would be an explanation for their part number coding.
That way, at least I could tell something about the units and how
they might compare to similar units. Apparently the number represents
BTU rating.

Often the letters indicate the front panel type but the insides are the
same. Where did you see them? Large stores have enough buying power to
get models made just for them so you can't do comparison shopping and price
matching. The AG and AS can be something as simple as gold or silver
trim/knobs.

I used to visit the Frigidaire AC assembly plant in New Jersey. The same
unit would dome down the line but a different front panel made it a Gibson,
Philco, etc. Same compressor, coils, etc.
--
Ed
http://pages.cthome.net/edhome/

John Doe

"Edwin Pawlowski" wrote:
"John Doe" wrote in message

Air conditioners I cannot find on the Internet anywhere, not
even at General Electric's web site.
GE 8000 BTU AGW08FD
GE 8000 BTU ASW08FC (apparently newer)
GE 6000 BTU AGW06LC
I cannot even find "AGW" or "ASW".
Also helpful would be an explanation for their part number
coding. That way, at least I could tell something about the
units and how they might compare to similar units. Apparently
the number represents BTU rating.

Often the letters indicate the front panel type but the insides
are the same. Where did you see them? Large stores have
enough buying power to get models made just for them so you
can't do comparison shopping and price matching.

that's what I though sigh

the local (not online) WalMart