DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Internet Legends (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/103395-internet-legends.html)

Stormin Mormon April 16th 05 01:59 PM

Internet Legends

Please check www.snopes.com before forwarding anything compelling and
urgent.

This week I've gotten the "reduce gas prices by boycotting Exxon and Mobil"
and the one about saying a kind word to Kyle, who was planning to commit
suicide. And the one about starving the Arabic oil suppliers by buying
gasoline only at certain stores.

I know this is a silly place to post such a request, but lets keep the
internet clean.

--

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

Duane Bozarth April 16th 05 02:17 PM

Stormin Mormon wrote:

I know this is a silly place to post such a request, but lets keep the
internet clean.

Why not follow your own advice? :(

(I know, I'm one to jab, having got suckered into responding to the
"Tax" thread this last week... :) )

Michael Baugh April 16th 05 03:44 PM

Since the most recent one seems to be the "where to buy gas" one,
here's the Snopes commentary on that one.
http://www.snopes.com/politics/business/saudigas.asp