Borax

Default stucco finish/color for outdoor bbq island

Hi,

I was hoping to get done with a quickcrete 1 coat stucco colored with
La Habra dry concrete colorant. I got the "eggshell" color, mixed 1 box
per gbag of stucco (box directions) and applied to the back of the bbq
island. Although it is not yet dry, I see no color change.

So, would I be better off continuing with the 1 coat under and a top
coat of white stucco with color in it, or use the 1 coat and Kelly
Moore latex for stucco/masonry?

Pros & cons?

Thanks!

G Henslee

Borax wrote:
Hi,

I was hoping to get done with a quickcrete 1 coat stucco colored with
La Habra dry concrete colorant. I got the "eggshell" color, mixed 1 box
per gbag of stucco (box directions) and applied to the back of the bbq
island. Although it is not yet dry, I see no color change.

So, would I be better off continuing with the 1 coat under and a top
coat of white stucco with color in it, or use the 1 coat and Kelly
Moore latex for stucco/masonry?

Pros & cons?

Thanks!

Use a pre-mixed 'dash' coat product. Comes in many colors from a stucco
supplier.
m Ransley

Try to tint it first to a color you like, painting will have to wait
till the stucco cures maybe 1 month also repairing it in the future you
need to remove paint. One positive about paint is grease, smoke, will
wash off, not so for stucco.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Friday, April 15, 2005 6:07:11 PM UTC-7, Borax wrote:
Hi,

I was hoping to get done with a quickcrete 1 coat stucco colored with
La Habra dry concrete colorant. I got the "eggshell" color, mixed 1 box
per gbag of stucco (box directions) and applied to the back of the bbq
island. Although it is not yet dry, I see no color change.

So, would I be better off continuing with the 1 coat under and a top
coat of white stucco with color in it, or use the 1 coat and Kelly
Moore latex for stucco/masonry?

Pros & cons?

Thanks!

It would be better off if you do 1 more coat under and a top
coat of white stucco with color in it.

Want more info about grill products:
http://www.bbqislandsandgrillsonline.com/