Mikepier

Default Replacing deck boards options

I am planning on replacing the worn 2x6 boards on my deck. The deck
joists are 24" apart. Is there any advantage in using the 5/4 deck
boards over the 2x6's? Obviously if I use 5/4 board I will have to add
an additional joists.
Also I thought of maybe flipping the existing 2x6's to the good side. I
did one and it looked pretty good. But I don't know if this is only a
short term solution.

m Ransley

For turning over, If the deck was done right the crown of the grain is
up so the boards dont cup and hold water, look at the ends. If wood is
not rotted cleaning and stain may be all you need, all treated cracks
but looks good stained.

help peeling deck Joseph Chong Home Repair 13 April 12th 05 04:19 PM
Attaching deck boards Luigi Zanasi Woodworking 9 March 2nd 05 03:31 PM
Removing Mold From Plywood Deck HELP Michael Roback Home Repair 4 February 19th 05 05:25 PM
deck problem John D'Errico Home Repair 3 August 30th 04 12:02 AM
Wooden Floor Adam UK diy 17 November 8th 03 01:57 PM