Mark Witczak

Default Workshop in Fairfax, VA

Hi everyone living in Fairfax and Loudoun counties,

I was wondering if any woodworkers/craftspeople would be interested in
starting a club in the Chantilly/Herndon area. I know Woodcraft in
Springfield has a woodworking club, but there's nothing around for us in
the western part of the county.

The thought is that we could get a small space with some decent (ie.
Grizzly, General, etc.) equipment, power tools, air tools, and hand
tools. An area for painting or spraying. It would be open for folks 9 to
9 everyday. Maybe a cigar lounge.

What are your thoughts?

Thanks,
Mark
Dave in Fairfax

Mark Witczak wrote:
snip
I was wondering if any woodworkers/craftspeople would be interested in
starting a club in the Chantilly/Herndon area. I know Woodcraft in
Springfield has a woodworking club, but there's nothing around for us in
the western part of the county.
The thought is that we could get a small space with some decent (ie.
Grizzly, General, etc.) equipment, power tools, air tools, and hand
tools. An area for painting or spraying. It would be open for folks 9 to
9 everyday. Maybe a cigar lounge.
What are your thoughts?

I'll have to pass, thanks. I prefer to work alone and when I
choose. That makes it infeasible to go cross country at certain
hours. Others may not have the same views.

Dave in Fairfax
--
Dave Leader
reply-to doesn't work
DL

"Mark Witczak" wrote in message
Hi everyone living in Fairfax and Loudoun counties,

I was wondering if any woodworkers/craftspeople would be interested in
starting a club in the Chantilly/Herndon area. I know Woodcraft in
Springfield has a woodworking club, but there's nothing around for us in
the western part of the county.

The thought is that we could get a small space with some decent (ie.
Grizzly, General, etc.) equipment, power tools, air tools, and hand tools.
An area for painting or spraying. It would be open for folks 9 to 9
everyday. Maybe a cigar lounge.

What are your thoughts?

Thanks,
Mark

Mark,

FYI, Woodcraft did have a store and club in Vienna a few years back, but
they combined it with the store in Springfield. It was a very nice shop and
very similar to what you were talking about. I will talk to the Springfield
Woodcraft to see why they combined. It could have been high rent, but from
my dealings with them, membership was low.

Personally, I prefer to work alone. It's nice to have some help now and
then, but generally it is my time to get away from it all.

Good luck in your venture, its a good thought as there are plenty of people
that want to be able to do woodworking, but dont have the space or budget to
accomodate what they want to do.

David