Default Stump grinder and gas lines

I have a forsythia bush I want to remove with a stump grinder. It is
near where the gas lines enter my house.

How deep are the gas lines buried?

How deep below the surface do I need to grind the roots to ensure that
it won's come back?

Thanks

HeatMan

Well, before you grind the stump. cal your utility locator service. If you
do grind the forsythia stump and grind the gas line too, you'll be out a lot
of money.

I was helping with an excavating job a few years ago and the lines were
'marked.' When the backhoe ripped an unmarked gas line out of the ground,
we all ran like (you know what). The utility said something like "Oh well"
and fixed it and didn't charge anybody anything. If the locator service
hadn't come out, the GC would have had to pay about $125,000 for the
repairs.

wrote in message
ups.com...
I have a forsythia bush I want to remove with a stump grinder. It is
near where the gas lines enter my house.

How deep are the gas lines buried?

How deep below the surface do I need to grind the roots to ensure that
it won's come back?

Thanks

MUADIB®

As Your other reply suggests, don't grind until you call the Utility
company. Also, If you don't want the stump to re-grow, put some poison
on it for several days before you grind it. If you kill it first, then
it won;t come back again. I use a product called "GREENLIGHT" brand
Cut Vine & Stump Killer.

Cut the trunk fresh and apply ROUNDUP concentrate at full strength
immediately after cutting and it will likely work as well. If using
this method, Iimmediately means just that,............not half an hour
later or next day.............immediately. It will not be very
effective if you wait more than ten or so minutes.

good luck.

Remove "YOURPANTIES" to reply

MUADIB®

http://www.angelfire.com/retro/sster...IN%20PAGE.html