Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Pompeyfan

Default Painting floorboards

I'm thinking of pulling up my old carpet and painting the floorboards,
and was wondering if I could get some advice.
My reason for doing this, is I have a severely Autistic Son, who is
proving difficult to toilet train, and I want a surface easy to
clean, having said that I don't have much money because I had to give
up work to look after my wife and son, I am a full time carer. Also,
my because of my son's behaviour, I don't want to go to the trouble
of pollished floorboards, as they will be quickly scratched up and
damaged anyway, the same with Vinyl which I cant afford anyway.
So, my questions are, what type of paint would I use, and what could I
do about the gaps between the floorboards so that they don't trap all
sorts of dirt etc.
I'm not really worried about the job looking flash, just something
practical, as it is hard to keep this place looking good as you might
appreciate, I'm expecting holes in the walls and doors as my son gets
stronger.
Any replies would be appreciated.