JK

Default another wiring question

I'm adding a couple new switches/lights to our home. I found a power supply
for one (the pendant lights I wrote about yesterday), and I need to get
power to some under the cabinet lights. Can I just run two lines from the
same power supply? One to the pendant light switch, and one to the under the
cabinet lights' switch?

Joseph Meehan

JK wrote:
I'm adding a couple new switches/lights to our home. I found a power
supply for one (the pendant lights I wrote about yesterday), and I
need to get power to some under the cabinet lights. Can I just run
two lines from the same power supply? One to the pendant light
switch, and one to the under the cabinet lights' switch?

Maybe a little better description. What lights are being controlled by
what switch(s)? Where is this new wire going exactly. From what to what?
Are you planning for a ground wire?

--
Joseph Meehan

Dia's Muire duit

Jeff Wisnia

JK wrote:

I'm adding a couple new switches/lights to our home. I found a power supply
for one (the pendant lights I wrote about yesterday), and I need to get
power to some under the cabinet lights. Can I just run two lines from the
same power supply? One to the pendant light switch, and one to the under the
cabinet lights' switch?

No reason you can't, as long as all the connections are properly
contained within wiring boxes and the expected loads are within the
current capability of the breaker/wire size, which it sounds like they
should easily be.

(Don't forget the ground leads.)

Jeff

--
Jeffry Wisnia

(W1BSV + Brass Rat '57 EE)

schools"
Beeper

If I remeber correctly, your power supply is a transformer? Check the
capacity of the power supply and make sure it can handle the load(lights).
I'm assuming the lights are all the same voltage rating.