Ed Hayes

Default How do I fix my bath drain???????

I have in my house a Gerber trip level bath drain that no longer
works.
I am not sure how to fix it since I am not sure how it works and what
the internal parts look like.
The problem is that I can not get it to stop water from flowing down
the drain.
It seems like the lever that would open and close the drain is not
moving enough to make the (non-visible) stopper close.
So we can't fill the tub with water.
Any suggestions on what is wrong and how to fix this problem.
Not sure of the model number but the house is 5 years old and it is
installed in a wirlpool tub.
From what I can see from looking at it, it looks like it could be one
of these models
http://www.gerberonline.com/Catalog.aspx?CategoryID=6

Thanks
hermanmunster

take out the 2 screws on overflow plate pull up and out and adjust linkage
up or down ,if somethings broken you can get part or buy new gerber and just
use linkage assmbly-hope this helps
"Ed Hayes" wrote in message
I have in my house a Gerber trip level bath drain that no longer
works.
I am not sure how to fix it since I am not sure how it works and what
the internal parts look like.
The problem is that I can not get it to stop water from flowing down
the drain.
It seems like the lever that would open and close the drain is not
moving enough to make the (non-visible) stopper close.
So we can't fill the tub with water.
Any suggestions on what is wrong and how to fix this problem.
Not sure of the model number but the house is 5 years old and it is
installed in a wirlpool tub.
From what I can see from looking at it, it looks like it could be one