Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Robert11

Default Phone Network Interface Box: O.K. To Wire In Parallel Two Lines There ?

Hello:

Have a new residence that seems to have half the phone jacks wired for one
incoming line, and the rest of the house jacks wired for a possible second
line (which we don't have or need). So, half the jacks in the house now are
inoperative.

Rather than re-wiring all the jacks on this second line back to the red and
green leads that service the jacks that do work, is it permissible, or a
good idea, to just parallel the two circuits at the house's Verizon Network
Interface box mounted on the side of the house?

There would then be only 1 circuit going out to Verizon. Verizons incoming
black and yellow leads would just dead end at the box, and lead nowhere
inside the house.

Any thoughts on the best way to do this ?

Thanks,
B.