toller

Default How to clean up old dead mice?!

I put some mechanical mouse traps in my cottage last fall. They toss the
mice into a bin...
I got back there for the first time in 4 months and found the bins full of
"mouse". I emptied what I could, but the rest is pretty nasty.

Any suggestion on how to clean these beasts up for next year?

Doug Miller

In article , "toller" wrote:
I put some mechanical mouse traps in my cottage last fall. They toss the
mice into a bin...
I got back there for the first time in 4 months and found the bins full of
"mouse". I emptied what I could, but the rest is pretty nasty.

Any suggestion on how to clean these beasts up for next year?

Unless the traps are expensive, it might be a better idea to just throw them
away and buy new ones.

As for cleaning them up... caustic soda (lye) should do a dandy job of it.
Make sure to wear skin and eye protection, though.

For next year, put some lime in the bins. It will help decompose the
carcasses.

--
Regards,

line the bin with a plastic bag... pull it out and toss it when you be
done..

Jim Yanik

"toller" wrote in
:

I put some mechanical mouse traps in my cottage last fall. They toss
the mice into a bin...
I got back there for the first time in 4 months and found the bins
full of "mouse". I emptied what I could, but the rest is pretty
nasty.

Any suggestion on how to clean these beasts up for next year?

Spray oven cleaner? (caustic) Or soak in a strong cleaning solution,maybe
TSP(tri-sodium phosphate) Then rinse well,soak in bleach.

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik

indago

050401 2159 - Jim Yanik posted:

"toller" wrote in
:

I put some mechanical mouse traps in my cottage last fall. They toss
the mice into a bin...
I got back there for the first time in 4 months and found the bins
full of "mouse". I emptied what I could, but the rest is pretty
nasty.

Any suggestion on how to clean these beasts up for next year?

Spray oven cleaner? (caustic) Or soak in a strong cleaning solution,maybe
TSP(tri-sodium phosphate) Then rinse well,soak in bleach.

Yes, and then just hang them up on a clothes line by their tails until dry.

Beeper

Take to a car wash.High pressure spray them out.
"Jim Yanik" . wrote in message
.. .
"toller" wrote in
:

I put some mechanical mouse traps in my cottage last fall. They toss
the mice into a bin...
I got back there for the first time in 4 months and found the bins
full of "mouse". I emptied what I could, but the rest is pretty
nasty.

Any suggestion on how to clean these beasts up for next year?

Spray oven cleaner? (caustic) Or soak in a strong cleaning solution,maybe
TSP(tri-sodium phosphate) Then rinse well,soak in bleach.

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik
at
kua.net

Bob Urz

toller wrote:
I put some mechanical mouse traps in my cottage last fall. They toss the
mice into a bin...
I got back there for the first time in 4 months and found the bins full of
"mouse". I emptied what I could, but the rest is pretty nasty.

Any suggestion on how to clean these beasts up for next year?

What kind of mouse trap works for months unattended and throws mice
in a bin??? It this a Ron Popeil "Mouse A Matic" or such?

Bob