Home Ownership (misc.consumers.house)

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Bonnie Jean

Default stair runners

I am going crazy trying to figure out what kind of carpet runner to buy for
my stairs. I want an oriental pattern since it hides dirt better. But my
main concern is the products resistance to matting and flattening.

Choices are wool (best), nylon (good synthetic with resistance to matting),
and poly's (not good with matting).

In my area, the poly's look and feel is much denser which to me translates
to good resistance with matting. The $25/ft wool and $18/ft nylon's I've
seen aren't as dense. The exception to that are expensive wool's like
Karastan which for about $65 per linear foot.

So do I go with what appears to be a dense poly which on sale will run me
about $600 or a Karastan which will run me almost $1700.

I'd very much appreciate any input you can offer.

Bonnie in So. Jersey

stair runners Bonnie Jean Home Repair 2 March 13th 05 04:17 PM
Drawer runners Simon Elliott UK diy 4 January 20th 05 02:14 PM
Runners and stair rods ... Martin Pentreath UK diy 3 November 23rd 04 08:36 PM
Install Hardwood stair some user Home Repair 0 October 29th 04 08:20 PM
Help - Replacement Kitchen drawer runners Sean Delere UK diy 3 August 22nd 03 09:37 AM