Home Ownership (misc.consumers.house)

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

Default What closing costs to plan for without a mortgage?

I was hoping to pick a few brains on closing costs. We will be moving
later this year and it looks like we will be able to sell our current
property for more than what our new house will end up costing. My
thinking is that we can purchase the new place without taking out a
mortgage. Looking back over the paperwork from our previous house
purchases it seems to me that most of the closing costs have to do
directly or indirectly with the mortgage (origination fees, title
insurance, ect). If the bank isn't there to demand all of these, which
ones would I as the buyer still want? I'm thinking about things like
appraisals, flood plain verification, or such. What we are looking at
are fairly standard new construction in typical sub-divisions. Would I
be taking on alot of risk by not doing some of these things?

Any suggestions would be welcome.