Home Ownership (misc.consumers.house)

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
anita

Default Easements

Hello all,
I have perhaps found why the property is priced so low. Easements.
This is what I found on the old warranty deed of the previous owner-

Underground utility easement and terms and conditions thereof:
1.
grantee: xyz
purpose: underground electric transmission and/or distribution system

area affected: south westerly portion of premises

contains covenants prohibiting structures of said easement and other
activities which might damage the underground system.

2. Easement and the terms and conditions thereof :
purpose: sewer line
area affected: as constructed

3. Restrictions, conditions of approval and dedication contained in the
ABC county short plat number 12345 recorded under recording number - a
copy of which is hereto attached.

How can I find what the area of the easements are ? And other details
regarding it ?

who are the people to contact for more info ?

Can anyone explain to me how bad this is. I love the house but I dont
want ot be blown to bits or have them take my home away and put a big
utility structure on it. If they do decide to do it- do they compensate
you or anything ? Or is this a real bad deal.

Sigh- there never is a real bargain is it ?

Anita