Home Ownership (misc.consumers.house)

ap

Default electric heater problem

Hello,
we live in a 2-story home that was built about 7 years
ago. We moved in about a year and half ago.

The electric heater seemed to work well until
now. For some reason, it doesn't seem to blow
warm air through the vents. The temps are set
to 70F. The first floor stays very cold.

The attic has 2 units, one for A/C and one
for heater. The filters were changed 2 months ago.

Can anyone advice on possible causes
of electric heater not blowing warm air thru
vents?

Thanks for any advice.

On 2 Mar 2005 07:37:02 -0800, someone wrote:

Can anyone advice on possible causes
of electric heater not blowing warm air thru
vents?

electric heater broken.

It seems to me, like I know anything, that an electric heater (not a
heat pump) is like a giant toaster and they would be rather simple.
Maybe there's some sort of internal breaker that's tripped, is there an
extra breaker for your heater like they have for C/A units ? Electric
heat is motor + toaster elements, maybe there's a breaker for the
toaster elements that's tripped. If not obvious, it sounds like a
service call to have someone look at it.