Home Ownership (misc.consumers.house)

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
jj3000

Default stainmaster carpet opinions (and berber)

Has anyone heard of Stainmaster carpet that is carried by costco?

I looked at the swatches and liked the look and feel and selection of
colors. It feels plush and tightly weaven comparing to what I saw at
lowes.

It is averaged to be about $4 per ft after tax and installation and
pad. Has anyone have carpet installed from costco. They would not
sell just the carpet and let me pick the installer, they just contract
out the installation like they would in Lowes or HD.

Also on the related topic, the house I just bought had berber carpet.
It's soft and confortable but it seems it is ripped in a few places
and the indentation by chairs and tables never spring back by itself.
(I heard you can apply steam and brush to restore the shape?). And
it is supposed to be only a few years old but looks to be in bad
shape, I like the berber texture but am I better off with the
traditional style carpet for more durability? (5-7 years)