Home Ownership (misc.consumers.house)

anagram

Default The Telly of the Beast

The Telly of the Beast

Posted on Thursday, February 3, 2005. From an interview with Father
Gabriele Amorth, honorary president of the International Association of
Exorcists and the most senior exorcist for the Vatican. The interview
was published on February 10 in the Italian newspaper Roma One, which
had previously reported on a series of mysterious electrical fires in
the small town of Canneto di Caronia, in Sicily. Translated from the
Italian by Marilyn Krieger. Originally from Harper's Magazine, December
2004.

Father Amorth, flames appear for no reason, residents are forced to
leave their homes, and experts grope in the dark. What is happening in
Caronia?

This is what happens when the devil enters the lives of those who permit
him to enter. Someone may be playing with black or white magic, and that
is Satan’s preferred point of entry. Occultism has always been
widespread and at the moment it is particularly in vogue. Today’s world,
where a judge dares to order the removal of crucifixes in classrooms,
has abandoned God.

What should the authorities do?

The first thing is to call a priest. This very day, the parish priest
should bless all the houses where the paranormal events took place. If
nothing else occurs, that would prove it was the presence of Evil. If
the phenomena continue, then an exorcist must intervene. He alone is
able to drive away the diabolical spirits.

Have you ever seen this on such a large scale?

No, never. I have seen all kinds of manifestations, but I have never
come across the affliction of an entire town. It is rare, but when the
family of one house is possessed, the phenomenon can spread to others.
The Devil strikes wherever and however he wants whenever he is given the
opportunity. That is, he strikes where the presence of the Lord is
weaker, or where—as I was saying—individuals engage in practices that
are ill-advised.

Why electric appliances in particular?

It’s typical. The Devil often reveals his presence through electric
devices. I have seen televisions, dishwashers, washing machines, and
even telephones burst into flames—in short, anything that operates
electrically.

Even chairs and mattresses went up in smoke . . .

Sure, even non-electric materials. Let’s not forget that Satan and his
spirits have immense power. If I told you about the things I have
encountered during my exorcisms, the movies you have seen would
certainly make you laugh.