Home Ownership (misc.consumers.house)

Shallow Hal

Default getting rid of mold smell

I have a room that has an issue with a mold/mildew smell. I know
there is no mold or mildew in this room as well as no moisture in any
of the walls. Just a smell of mold, you know that earthy smell.

I have had several companies, mold removal, come out and they agree
it's just a smell for some reason. They have offered up a solutions
where by they would use a product like a flee bomber/fogger and that
would rid the room of the smell. Of course it comes at a price of
around $400.

Isn't there something on the open market that I can use, as directed,
to remove this smell from the room?

At the present time the room is completely empty of everything.
Axial

If you're over a crawlspace, check to see if a heating duct or return
air vent to/from the room happens to be disconnected or have significant
air leak gaps in it.
Shallow Hal

This is a concrete block home on a slab. Been in the attic and all
lines seem to be OK.