Home Ownership (misc.consumers.house)

Al B.

Default Really Narrow Drop-Leaf Gate-Leg

My daughter lives in a really small apartment and needs a really
narrow dining table, she thinks of the drop-leaf gate-leg variety,
with legs that swing out on each side and support the two leaves when
they are raised. She has (and I have) been looking around and haven't
found anything small enough. Usually they are 24" wide and she needs
at most 18" and better yet 12". Although she prefers not to buy in
the used e-bay-type market, she is willing to buy new from the web or
a catalog. Does anyone have any suggestions for finding this item?
Thanks for any ideas.
Charles Spitzer

"Al B." trueup wrote in message
My daughter lives in a really small apartment and needs a really
narrow dining table, she thinks of the drop-leaf gate-leg variety,
with legs that swing out on each side and support the two leaves when
they are raised. She has (and I have) been looking around and haven't
found anything small enough. Usually they are 24" wide and she needs
at most 18" and better yet 12". Although she prefers not to buy in
the used e-bay-type market, she is willing to buy new from the web or
a catalog. Does anyone have any suggestions for finding this item?
Thanks for any ideas.

go to a custom cabinet maker with a design on a paper napkin and ask them to
build you one?