Home Ownership (misc.consumers.house)

Default buying a condo/townhouse/co-op

Hi, grouplings,

I am looking for buying a condo/townhouse/co-op in
Newton/Wellesley/Natick area, that is west to Metro Boston. I do not
know how to start, e.g. where to find the listings, etc. Can you
recommend some good sources for me to start? If I see a sign for "open
house" in Sunday afternoon, does that mean I can just walk in to see,
or I need to call for an appointment before I go. I know this is a
silly question, but this is my first time

Can any of you provide some insights into those three towns? How is the
current market there? Are they all have good schools? Any potential for
appreciation, or already too hot a market there? Thanks!

S.S.

Tracey

wrote in message
ps.com...
Hi, grouplings,

I am looking for buying a condo/townhouse/co-op in
Newton/Wellesley/Natick area, that is west to Metro Boston. I do not
know how to start, e.g. where to find the listings, etc. Can you
recommend some good sources for me to start? If I see a sign for "open
house" in Sunday afternoon, does that mean I can just walk in to see,
or I need to call for an appointment before I go. I know this is a
silly question, but this is my first time

An open house means you can just walk in and look around and speak to the
owner (if its a FSBO or the Real Estate Agent.

If you are interested in buying a condo/townhouse, simply ask some
homeowners you know for a recommendation of a good Real Estate Agent. Call
and talk to someone in the real estate agency and tell them what you are
looking for. I'd suggest finding an agent who will work as a "BUYERS AGENT"
because the real estate agent is obligated to work in the best interest of
the seller, not the buyer, UNLESS you have a 'buyers agent' then he/she is
legally obligate to work in your best interest. If the agent is both the
buyers agent and the listing agent, that is called 'dual agency' and his
main obligation goes to the seller, not to you.