Home Ownership (misc.consumers.house)

Junior Member

Default washer agitates me, but not itself

The agitator in the base of the tub works but the upper agitator (it may be called a "mover for agitator") doesn't agitate.
It's a Whirlpool model LLR9245BQ1. Probably not belt drive; 7 - 8 years old.
Thanks, in advance, for any help.

On Wed, 29 Dec 2004 04:39:42 +0000, someone wrote:

The agitator in the base of the tub works but the upper agitator (it may
be called a "mover for agitator") doesn't agitate.
It's a Whirlpool model LLR9245BQ1. Probably not belt drive; 7 - 8 years
old.
Thanks, in advance, for any help.

Gear stripped or pawls broken. Not uncommon after a few years, esp if
history of overloading. Just fixed ours, sons used to jam in all the
laundry they could force in. Of course it didn't actually break down
until after they moverd out....

Get it serviced. Call in with the model number and the service tech
will come with the right parts in his pocket.

That wasn't hard was it????

Junior Member

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by grackle
The agitator in the base of the tub works but the upper agitator (it may be called a "mover for agitator") doesn't agitate.
It's a Whirlpool model LLR9245BQ1. Probably not belt drive; 7 - 8 years old.
Thanks, in advance, for any help.
We have the same washer model, same problem. Can you tell me what your repair cost? Is this part something a guy with good mechanical ability can replace? My son is willing to give it a try. Post replies here. Thanks!