Home Ownership (misc.consumers.house)

shankdog

Default slow hot water flow at only one faucet

Hello everyone and thanks in advance for your help.

Recently the bathtub in the second bedroom of my condo (built in 88)
lost a great deal of pressure on the hot water side. When the faucet
is turned all the way to the cold side, it flows just like normal but
when it's turned all the way to hot, the flow is about 1/4 of where it
was yesterday. All other faucets/shower in the rest of my place are
working just fine hot or cold. This would imply one of two things to
my amateur eye:

1 Some sort of blockage between the hot water heater and this bathroom

or

2 A problem with the valves/faucet in the actual bathtub/shower

Anyone have any experience with something like this? I'm a very
do-it-myself type of guy so i'm trying to do whatever i can before i
have to resort to calling a plumber. The more I think about it, I
would think if there is a blockage it would be affecting the sink in
the bathroom as well, which it is not. Getting a new bathtub/shower
faucet 'set' is no problem, but i'd rather not get one if that's not
the issue...

Thanks for any help!!

Andy

Robert Morien

In article . com,
"shankdog" wrote:

[...]

Probably the valve in your faucet
Brikp

Could be blockage in the valve itself. First I would disassemble, clean and
re-assemble to see if it fixes. If you have hard water a soak of parts in
CLR may help. Maybe replace washers, disc or whatever with a 'repair kit'
most likely available for your particular faucet. If installing parts from a
repair kit and good cleaning of parts doesn't fix the problem then possibly
replacing the valve would be next step.

ups.com...