Home Ownership (misc.consumers.house)

RaT

Default Ekornes Sofas and Chairs

Hi all

I am thinking of purchasing a set of Ekornes sofa and chair, (stressles).
they are the most comfortable chairs I have found. the price is high, but
what I would like to know, will it last ? It will not get abused (we have no
kids or pets!) but from previous experience of cheaper brands, they just
don't last, especially the foam fillings. Can any body give their opinions?
Does the foam last at least the 10 years the frame is warranted for?

TKM

"RaT" wrote in message
Hi all

I am thinking of purchasing a set of Ekornes sofa and chair, (stressles).
they are the most comfortable chairs I have found. the price is high, but
what I would like to know, will it last ? It will not get abused (we have

no
kids or pets!) but from previous experience of cheaper brands, they just
don't last, especially the foam fillings. Can any body give their

opinions?
Does the foam last at least the 10 years the frame is warranted for?

The quality of Ekornes Stressless chairs is excellent from my experience. I
have one that I purchased in the 1970s and another that dates from 1989.
Both are used daily. Keep the leather clean and oiled. From time-to-time,
tighten the screws that hold the arms and other parts on the frame. You'll
probably wear out before they do.

TKM

RaT

Many thanks for the replies. Have now ordered, delivery in the new year...