Home Ownership (misc.consumers.house)

Ratnakar Ghattu

Default Buying furniture. From N.C ?

I am going to move into my first house (excited!) and in need of quite
some furnitures for the living room, dining room and bedroom. What are
my best chances here ? Wait for the local furniture store sales or
ordering on-line from outlets in N.C. (any good URLs) ? Does it make any
difference if I make the trip ? (I live in Washington DC. BTW)

What I want is mid-to-high end furnitures and quality is important.

Any suggestions ?

Ratnakar Ghattu
James Nipper

I live in Florida. For more than 25 years, I have bought furniture from
Rose Furniture, in High Point, NC.

Here is their url:

http://www.rosefurniture.com/

These people are very reputable. You may need to "register" at their
website before you get assigned to a salesman. If you need to call their
800 number and need the name of a salesman, ask for Hal Ingram if you
can.

I have no business interest in this company, I can just tell you that they
are a reputable dealer in N.C. for many years, and I have bought from them
for over 25 years, and have never had a problem.

There are of course many other good dealers in NC. I suppose the largest
city for showroom dealers is High Point.

I hope this helps you. Email me direct if you have further questions.

Good Luck !!

--James--

Dee

"James Nipper" wrote in
:

I live in Florida. For more than 25 years, I have bought furniture
from Rose Furniture, in High Point, NC.

Here is their url:

http://www.rosefurniture.com/

These people are very reputable. You may need to "register" at
their website before you get assigned to a salesman. If you need to
call their 800 number and need the name of a salesman, ask for Hal
Ingram if you can.

I have no business interest in this company, I can just tell you that
they are a reputable dealer in N.C. for many years, and I have bought
from them for over 25 years, and have never had a problem.

There are of course many other good dealers in NC. I suppose the
largest city for showroom dealers is High Point.

I will second Rose Furniture. I went to NC 11 years ago and went to a lot
of different stores. Rose impressed me with the depth and breadth of their
offerings (mid-to-upper level quality), the salesmen who were knowledgeable
and helpful, and the very reasonable prices. Later, when my shipment
arrived, one dresser had a minor but noticeable surface defect, and they
gladly replaced it for me. I am not affiliated with them - I'm just a very
satisfied customer.

Dee
JessicaG

Someone else asked this same question, word for word, back in 1998 except
his "first house" was in Massachusetts, not DC... I don't quite
understand... :
http://groups.google.com/groups?selm...28DE%40odi.com

"Ratnakar Ghattu" wrote in message
om...
I am going to move into my first house (excited!) and in need of quite
some furnitures for the living room, dining room and bedroom. What are
my best chances here ? Wait for the local furniture store sales or
ordering on-line from outlets in N.C. (any good URLs) ? Does it make any
difference if I make the trip ? (I live in Washington DC. BTW)

What I want is mid-to-high end furnitures and quality is important.

Any suggestions ?

Ratnakar Ghattu

james b

I am going to move into my first house (excited!) and in need of quite
some furnitures for the living room, dining room and bedroom. What are
my best chances here ? Wait for the local furniture store sales or
ordering on-line from outlets in N.C. (any good URLs) ? Does it make any
difference if I make the trip ? (I live in Washington DC. BTW)

What I want is mid-to-high end furnitures and quality is important.

When I lived in Texas we went to the local showroom and wrote down the
model number and fabric code for the furniture we wanted, then had it
shipped from these folks in NC:

http://www.lindysfurniture.com

It might take a while for shipping, but the savings are substantial.

- James B

Online / mailorder furniture purchasing... Ken Smith Home Ownership 0 December 17th 03 04:43 PM
buying furniture Rick Woodworking 10 August 5th 03 04:37 PM
Today's Arts & Crafts furniture missing the point? Drew D. Saur Woodworking 6 August 4th 03 02:26 AM