DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Help wiring replacement thermostat, please (https://www.diybanter.com/home-ownership/71688-help-wiring-replacement-thermostat-please.html)

[email protected] October 1st 04 06:47 PM

Help wiring replacement thermostat, please

Greetings:

While moving some furniture the knob on the old but reliable Singer
(Cat. No. 7269T) thermostat broke. I picked up a replacement (Honeywell
CT62B) and am ready to install it. Problem is, the Singer has four wire
terminals labeled L1, L2, T3, and T4. The Honeywell is asking for L1,
L2, T1, and T2.

Assuming L1 and L2 go to their respective terminals, what should I do
about T1 and T2 versus T3 and T4?

BTW, the power is shut off at the fusebox.

I'd really appreciate any help as I'm electrically clueless.

Thanks!!

Jeff

Speedy Jim October 1st 04 06:55 PM

wrote:

Greetings:

While moving some furniture the knob on the old but reliable Singer
(Cat. No. 7269T) thermostat broke. I picked up a replacement (Honeywell
CT62B) and am ready to install it. Problem is, the Singer has four wire
terminals labeled L1, L2, T3, and T4. The Honeywell is asking for L1,
L2, T1, and T2.

Assuming L1 and L2 go to their respective terminals, what should I do
about T1 and T2 versus T3 and T4?

BTW, the power is shut off at the fusebox.

I'd really appreciate any help as I'm electrically clueless.

Thanks!!

Jeff

Must be electric heat.
L1, L2 are always the Line (power) coming in.

T1, T2 go to the heater; they will be the equivalent of T3, T4
on the original.

Jim