Home Ownership (misc.consumers.house)

April Lee

Default Whiten tiles gaps ?

Hello guys

Any recommended methods / chemicals to whiten up the gaps between tiles.
Not sure how you call these things.
I have on my balcony white tiles and I manage to get them clean , first brushing than some bleach
but the gaps between tiles are way dirty and can't seem to clean it well.
I bought this place while ago and seem the previous owner really did not bother to take care of it.
It's pretty advanced dirt
Is there something I could use to paint it ? Or whiten it in some way ?
The climate in here is pretty much not in favor , constant high moist , hot weather
all year long ... (Malaysia)

Also , a bit off topic, any tips or URL's I could read how to deal with Cracks on the walls ?
The problem is that the walls has this kind of grainy patters, when i try to fill the cracks with
plaster and smooth it up nicely it is very obvious after pain. Can see more shining area in that spot
and unfortunately it's a pretty large right in the middle of the wall.

Thank you very much for your time

best regards

April Lee
Kuala Lumpur
Malaysia

Bill Seurer

April Lee wrote:

Hello guys

Any recommended methods / chemicals to whiten up the gaps between tiles.
Not sure how you call these things.

It's called grout and there are numerous chemicals to clean them. Check
at someplace that sells ceramic tile. Many of the chemicals are fairly
nasty so make sure to read the directions.

The problem is that the walls has this kind of grainy patters, when i
try to fill the cracks with
plaster and smooth it up nicely it is very obvious after pain. Can see
more shining area in that spot
and unfortunately it's a pretty large right in the middle of the wall.

Usually you need to prime the whole wall after you patch and before you
paint. That will cover up the difference in texture somewhat.
--

-Bill
April Lee

It's called grout and there are numerous chemicals to clean them. Check
at someplace that sells ceramic tile. Many of the chemicals are fairly
nasty so make sure to read the directions.

The problem is that the walls has this kind of grainy patters, when i
try to fill the cracks with
plaster and smooth it up nicely it is very obvious after pain. Can see
more shining area in that spot
and unfortunately it's a pretty large right in the middle of the wall.

Usually you need to prime the whole wall after you patch and before you
paint. That will cover up the difference in texture somewhat.

Thank you very much Bill, appraciate .

Have a nice day

April