Home Ownership (misc.consumers.house)

Lot-o-fun

Default If you own an Equator compact dishwaher, please help me!

I just bought a used Equator compact dishwasher, model PLS 602 S. I
downloaded the Owner's Manual and Installation Instructions from the
Equator web site, but found them unhelpful in terms of operating the
machine. Here are some questions I have---please e-mail me answers if
you know them!

1) Do you use hot, warm, or cold water when you hook the machine up to
the sink?

2) When I set the dial to number 2, which is the "normal" wash setting,
the machine fills and washes for about 60 seconds and then drains.
This doesn't seem right. Am I doing something wrong?

3) There is a rinse aid container and dispenser in the back of the
inside of the machine. Do I just get liquid Jet-Dry and pour a little
in the container? Do I do this every time I fill the machine?

4) What are some suggestions for loading the machine efficiently. In
particular, is there a good way to put glasses on the rack (as opposed
to the shelf? The dish-holding, angled prongs seem to get in the way.

Thanks in advance for your help!! It's much appreciated!!!
Suzie-Q

-
[...]

Have you e-mailed these questions to the Equator people? They should be
willing to answer them for you. (I mean, in case you have no luck here.)

You say it's used. Is it possible it's broken? Maybe that's why it was
being sold.

Sorry I can't help.
--
8^)~~~ Sue (remove the x to e-mail)
~~~~~~

http://home.earthlink.net/~sme617
ICQ: 349878998
Edwin Pawlowski

"Lot-o-fun" wrote in message

1) Do you use hot, warm, or cold water when you hook the machine up to
the sink?

HOT!

2) When I set the dial to number 2, which is the "normal" wash setting,
the machine fills and washes for about 60 seconds and then drains.
This doesn't seem right. Am I doing something wrong?

I don't know about your model, but some machines have a quick rinse in the
beginning.

3) There is a rinse aid container and dispenser in the back of the
inside of the machine. Do I just get liquid Jet-Dry and pour a little
in the container? Do I do this every time I fill the machine?

Jet Dry or Cascade will work. You fill it every couple of weeks. It will
dispense just a couple of drops as needed.

4) What are some suggestions for loading the machine efficiently. In
particular, is there a good way to put glasses on the rack (as opposed
to the shelf? The dish-holding, angled prongs seem to get in the way.

What ever fits best. Glasses should be upside down and in a position that
water from the spray arms can get up inside to clean the. It is typical to
put glasses on the top rack in most machines.

I am not familiar with your particular model, but the answers (except maybe
#2) really apply to any machine.
Ed

Lot-o-fun

In article ,
Suzie-Q wrote:

In article ,
Lot-o-fun wrote:

[...]

Yup. I called, too. No response as of yet, so I thought I'd open up
another possible avenue for information.

You say it's used. Is it possible it's broken? Maybe that's why it was
being sold.

No, it works fine. It was being sold because the people who owned it
moved into a house with a full-size, built-in dishwasher.

#2) really apply to any machine.

Thanks for the info. The questions I have are really more machine
specific, though.

For #1, this machine heats the water once it's in the machine (to
either 120 or 150 degrees, depending on a switch), so using water from
the sink that is already hot may not be the best choice. As far as #4
is concerned, there is only one rack in this machine (although there's
a little fold-down shelf where one can put a few glasses).

I'll try using the rinse stuff as you say.

Thanks again!

Edwin Pawlowski

"Lot-o-fun" wrote in message

Thanks for the info. The questions I have are really more machine
specific, though.

For #1, this machine heats the water once it's in the machine (to
either 120 or 150 degrees, depending on a switch), so using water from
the sink that is already hot may not be the best choice.

Yes, use the hot. Many machines can boost the hot water for better cleaning
and even a sanitizing cycle, but you want to put in the hottest water you
have. It is more economical that way than using the electric elements in
the DW. Faster cycle that way as it does not have to sit and heat up.

Many DW instructions for built in units say to run the hot water in the sink
to flush out the cooler water that has been sitting in the pipes. DW
detergents don't work well until they are about 130 degrees.
Ed