Home Ownership (misc.consumers.house)

Walter Cohen

Default Lawn moss and limestone/gypsum application

I have a fair amount of moss growing where I'd rather have grass! I
live in NY. I have a lot of trees and I guess this is the major
contributing factor in why I have moss instead of grass.

I went to my local garden center and they said I should apply
pelletized lime to the moss area (pelletized because it would work
better/faster/more efficiently that granular).
I applied this several months ago but the moss is still there.
So I either need to re-apply at a much higher dose or there's
something else going on.

Probably the best thing for me to do is have my soil tested for PH and
then apply based on that PH number. In lieu of doing that then is my
only recourse to keep applying limestone until I see results?

Thanks!
Walter