Home Ownership (misc.consumers.house)

gus

Default What style is this 1870 home?

Hi all,

Just bought this house and wondering what style architecture it is.

I'm guessing Colonial... but what type of Colonial??

http://www.guscalandrino.com/photos/...nell/index.htm

Thanks,
Gus Calandrino
Don Phillipson

"gus" wrote in message
om...

Just bought this house and wondering what style architecture it is.

I'm guessing Colonial... but what type of Colonial??

http://www.guscalandrino.com/photos/...nell/index.htm

Well it is neither Spanish Colonial (neo-Spanish)
nor American Colonial (stylistically characteristic
of America earlier than 1775.) You could call it
American Practical.

--
Don Phillipson
Carlsbad Springs (Ottawa, Canada)

gus

"Don Phillipson" wrote in message news:67Upc.454$0A.4992@localhost...
"gus" wrote in message
om...

Just bought this house and wondering what style architecture it is.

I'm guessing Colonial... but what type of Colonial??

http://www.guscalandrino.com/photos/...nell/index.htm

Well it is neither Spanish Colonial (neo-Spanish)
nor American Colonial (stylistically characteristic
of America earlier than 1775.) You could call it
American Practical.

Any other ideas??

Thanks,
Gus
Randy

gus wrote:
"Don Phillipson" wrote in message news:67Upc.454$0A.4992@localhost...

"gus" wrote in message
.com...

Just bought this house and wondering what style architecture it is.

I'm guessing Colonial... but what type of Colonial??

http://www.guscalandrino.com/photos/...nell/index.htm

Well it is neither Spanish Colonial (neo-Spanish)
nor American Colonial (stylistically characteristic
of America earlier than 1775.) You could call it
American Practical.

Any other ideas??

From a great distance, the house looks like a bungalow that was updated
once or more in the past 130 years. (Is the front porch enclosed with
sliding glass doors?) It may well have had exterior colonial details
that were lost during one of its 'upgrades'. If so, they may have been
greek revival.

At this point, labels aren't going to be meaningful. But if you insist,
maybe 'Yankee Eclectic'?

Randy

modular home Dave Home Ownership 2 December 9th 03 02:31 PM
Need information on credit checks, foreclosures and how to sell your home? lucozade Home Ownership 0 November 26th 03 04:36 AM
Flamebait: My Weekend at Home Depot Ben Siders Woodworking 11 August 22nd 03 01:44 PM
Is anybody really repairing electronics in the home Badger Electronics Repair 2 July 11th 03 01:29 AM