Home Ownership (misc.consumers.house)

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Patscga

Default Painting over Wallpaper

I asked about this before and everybody said don't do it. I've had four
painters come here, plus a wallpaper person, and they all said you can't remove
wallpaper that was installed 30 years ago without tearing up the wallboard
because they didn't do wall prep back in those days. Then I recalled that I
did have someone try this many years ago in another room and he ruined the
walls so that I had to have them re-mudded. Now I would like to hear from
someone who has painted over wallpaper successfully, if there is someone like
that.
Pat