Home Ownership (misc.consumers.house)

Andy

Default hitachi screwgun hard to use??

Is it me or is my Hitachi W6V3 screwgun extremely hard to use? I got
hold of one for my first time hanging drywall. The depth stop is held
on by the friction of a rubber O-ring, so if I pushed too hard it is
pushed all the way in when it hits the drywall, thereby screwing the
screw all the way through the paper. My friend was doing better with a
regular cordless drill. I practiced on a board and spare drywall,
thought I got the hang of it, but my success rate was like 40%. Just
seemed like to me that this thing was made for one purpose and one
purpose only: screw screws to a set depth. If it can't do that easily,
then it's worthless.

Are most screwguns like this or is it only Hitachi?

Andy