Home Ownership (misc.consumers.house)

DM

Default Natuzzi vs. Italsofa

I always do research on the 'net before I buy something (large). I
particularly like to search usenet groups to get real peoples opinions.
Unfortunately, I have been unable to find much information related to
leather sofas. But from what I have found, I am leaning towards Natuzzi.
I also know Italsofa is a Natuzzi company. What I want to know is what are
the exact differences? I am guessing the leather may be a lower grade, but
what about the frames and cushioning?

We found an Italsofa (NAT-I119) we like at Star Furniture (in San Antonio)
that is more expensive ($1299) than some of the other Natuzzi's they had on
the floor. Even the salesperson stated the Italsofa line is the "cheaper"
line of Natuzzi. I am trying to figure out why/how the Italsofa is more
expensive than the Natuzzi. I understand the possibility those particular
Natuzzi's are using a lower grade leather. I just want to make sure I am
not making a mistake. Our budget for the sofa is up to $1300. We plan on
having/using the sofa for quite awhile (10 years). We have two kids (1 &
6). Any suggestions or advice?

Thanks,
Doug

I understand the possibility those particular
Natuzzi's are using a lower grade leather. I just want to make sure I am
not making a mistake. Our budget for the sofa is up to $1300. We plan on
having/using the sofa for quite awhile (10 years). We have two kids (1 &
6). Any suggestions or advice?

Thanks,
Doug

Doug...

Im glad you started the thread as Ive been thinking abt
buying a leather sofa as well..... and like you haven't
found much info online abt Natuzzi brand....which Im
looking at as well.

Hope someone jumps in who can give us both info!

John
Tom

DM wrote in message . 32...
[...]

We have a Natuzzi "the dream" model. We had it less than 6 months and
the cushioning came detatched from the area in the front of the sofa
where the back of you legs would come in contact. It was behind the
leather and it buldged outward. Natuzzi does not help you out in this
situation they send you to the retailer where you bought it. The
retailer takes a very long time in which case they have a Natuzzi
authorized repair person look at it. In our case he said it happened
because we sat on the edge of the cushion. As you would if you were
looking at a magazine on your coffee table. Not an unsual way to use a
sofa. We paid about $1500 for this experience. We are supposed to
get our repaired 6 month old sofa back tomorrow within that famous 3
hour delivery window. I would stay clear of Natuzzi and Somnia
furniture. Hope this helps.

I would stay clear of Natuzzi and Somnia
furniture. Hope this helps.

What other brands of leather couches WOUL you consider
than?

John
DM

DM wrote in
2:

We found an Italsofa (NAT-I119) we like at Star Furniture (in San
Antonio) that is more expensive ($1299) than some of the other
Natuzzi's they had on the floor. Even the salesperson stated the
Italsofa line is the "cheaper" line of Natuzzi. I am trying to figure
out why/how the Italsofa is more expensive than the Natuzzi. I
understand the possibility those particular Natuzzi's are using a
lower grade leather. I just want to make sure I am not making a
mistake. Our budget for the sofa is up to $1300. We plan on
having/using the sofa for quite awhile (10 years). We have two kids
(1 & 6). Any suggestions or advice?

Thanks,
Doug

Well, we decided to go with a Leathermart sofa from Dianne Flack. Can't
say it is any better than Natuzzi, but I really didn't have much luck
researching leather sofas. I did find it odd that several of the vendors
listed on Natuzzi's website as being Natuzzi dealers no longer sell Natuzzi
stuff.

Doug