Home Ownership (misc.consumers.house)

¿fooguy?

Default Manufactured Homes Feel Pinch

Since we've talked a little bit about Manufactured vs Stick Built --
from the Washington Post:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...2003Sep19.html

"...Fannie Mae, in response to a rising number of delinquencies and
foreclosures, is making it tougher to get manufactured-home loans. The
company now requires a 10 percent down payment for 30-year mortgages
on such homes, plus a fee of 0.5 percent of the loan amount."

"Manufactured homes are built in factories and assembled on building
sites. They include mobile homes, though many manufactured dwellings
have characteristics found on traditional single-family homes --
pitched roofs, decks and porches."
Eric Lee Green

In article , ¿fooguy? ruminated:
Since we've talked a little bit about Manufactured vs Stick Built --
from the Washington Post:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...2003Sep19.html

"...Fannie Mae, in response to a rising number of delinquencies and
foreclosures, is making it tougher to get manufactured-home loans. The
company now requires a 10 percent down payment for 30-year mortgages
on such homes, plus a fee of 0.5 percent of the loan amount."

The main problem lenders like Fannie Mae have with "manufactured homes"
is that the moment you move them off the lot, they've lost 10% of their
value.

--
Eric Lee Green