Home Ownership (misc.consumers.house)

Markus J

Default Mosquito Control - What Works?

I'm trying to control/kill mosquitos so people on my deck don't get
bitten. Ideally I'd prefer to buy something that works and does not
require re-application or serious work. Any ideas.
Alan Sung

"Markus J" wrote in message
I'm trying to control/kill mosquitos so people on my deck don't get
bitten. Ideally I'd prefer to buy something that works and does not
require re-application or serious work. Any ideas.

The only "permanent" solution is a screened in area. There are screened
rooms that attach to the side of your house and cover most of the deck and
you take it down in the winter. All other chemical or natural deterrents
require re-application. Even things like the mosquito magnet requires
periodic maintenance.

-al sung
Rapid Realm Technology, Inc.
Hopkinton, MA

Alan Sung

Here's the basic concept (found by a Google search)
http://www.sunporch.com/ (semi-permanent)
http://www.sunsetter.com (retractable awning)
http://www.screen-house.com/gp_add_a_room.htm (these have vinyl tops)
http://www.screen-house.com/vj_3_sides.htm

-al sung
Rapid Realm Technology, Inc.
Hopkinton, MA

"Jackie Brophy" wrote in message
Alan,

Since you are in Hopkinton, and I am Natick, do you know where I can see

one
of these on display? Thanks.

Jackie